Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnlm4nah.on0.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (20m) > Sandman

In article <rml4m99b769q3men3duo19kllqcirl9l1s@4ax.com>, Andreas Skitsnack wrote:

Eric Stevens
I've pointed out previously that you tend to put up a great cloud of squink with the intention that your meaning will slowly congeal and drip from it.

Sandman
You can "point out" anything that exists only in your fantasy.

Eric Stevens
You have repeatedly described Agent as 'non-standard', 'non-compliant', 'broken' or words to that effect.

Sandman
Do not use quote marks unless you're quoting someone. "Or words to that effect" is YOUR trolling weasaling. You and Andreas are peas in a pod. You never look up facts and just go "You said X or whatever".

Tony Cooper
Wrong again. It is perfectly acceptable, in a newsgroup posting, to use quotation marks around a word or phrase that is not an accurate representation of what was said by someone else.

Not when in reference to what someone has said.

Also, you have used quotation marks in violation of your own instruction above.

Incorrect.

Eric did not write the words "point out".

I didn't claim he said "point out". It was not a quote. Quotation marks can be used for other things than quoting people. Are there no bounds to your ignorance?

He wrote "pointed out". I don't disagree at all with your use of quotation marks around words not used, but to do it and then say it shouldn't be done is hypocritical.

I wasn't hypocritical. I never told anyone to not use quotation marks. Why can't you read?

-- Sandman[.net]