Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
Message-ID<slrnllbv85.324.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (2h & 43m) > Sandman

In article <t22bl99ta67aluto13irjp4c3ipjmsk7qf@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

Sandman
In this case, yes. Percentages doesn't make things tiny, it's the percentage of *what* that makes something tiny or huge.

Tony Cooper
What? The percentage that something is of the whole makes that something "tiny" or "huge"? You really want to go with this?

Why can't you ever read English?

The population of Stockholm's metropolitan area is 2,163,042. That is 22% of the population of Sweden.

So, then I should deduce that Stockholm is a tiny city?

Only if you're a moron and don't understand what percentages mean - so yes, you probably would.

Some lament that Colonial does not discount accessory items or have sales other than factory-sponsored specials, but that's not a size issue.

Sandman
Naturally. But that's a shame.

Tony Cooper
No, it's a business decision.

Which is a shame.

I suspect that the owner, Don Rausch, would like to have a more modern physical facility in a more attractive neighborhood. (I've talked to Don several times, but not about this.)

Sandman
Then perhaps he could flesh out and make a bigger camera section where he can show the merchandise in a more selling manner.

Tony Cooper
The store has been in business for almost 60 years.

Whatever that has to do with anything is anyone's guess. You just like to hear yourself type.

And you presume to tell them that they could operate in a more "selling manner"?

And you presume that they are already operating at maximum capacity? Really? Haha.

What do you know of the ROI in hobby products that tells you that increasing the space for cameras would provide a better return than using that space to sell RC models?

Who talked about RC models? Why can't you ever read English?

On the plus side, the building has adequate and convenient parking. That's a big plus in this town.

Sandman
Yeah, it had a fairly sized parking to the side, probably shared with other stores on the same street, but some were marked for Colonial's customers.

And this really isn't a store-heavy area either.

Tony Cooper
You are about as observant in this as you were in "the loop" when you thought Best Buy was a nationally known camera store.

A blatant lie.

The area is very store-heavy.

No, a small street with some stores spread out here and there. I guess this is why you think stores as Colonial are enormous, you think this street is store-heavy.

There are two Vietnamese grocery stores in the building to the north of Colonial. *Large* grocery stores.

So, tiny then? Your opinion about store size is out the window, remember?

-- Sandman[.net]

Tony Cooper (2h & 43m) > Sandman