Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromTony Cooper
Date04/29/2014 17:00 (04/29/2014 11:00)
Message-ID<gdfvl9d0em7gbf3cnm8jpjqvsjrngpfd9q@4ax.com>

On 29 Apr 2014 14:36:19 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <4ocvl9h23kqcso54li3gnretkifs7c4hiu@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

I've never claimed it is a part of any "standard", I am saying it is "the standard". There's a difference. I'm using it a noun that means "an idea or thing used as a measure, norm or model in comparative evaluations".

Tony Cooper
Oh, so "non-standard" has nothing to do with a "standard"?

Sandman
It's English, I know it's hard for you to understand. Maybe an adult can walk you through it?

Tony Cooper
You have made the claim that Agent is a non-standard newsreader, but now you are claiming that your use of the word "standard" should not be taken to mean a part of any "standard"? Is that it?

Sandman
I meant the word as the noun standard. Look it up.

Tony Cooper
If I follow this convoluted logic that you are trying to foist off on us, a "standard" is a measure, norm, or model in comparative evaluations. Therefore, Agent is a "standard" because we can use it as a measure, norm, or model in comparative evaluations.

Sandman
No, only if you don't understand the English language, which is why I'm sure you would do it.

Tony Cooper
So, Agent is both standard and non-standard. Doesn't the one rather neutralize the other?

Sandman
I cannot explain the mess that is going on only inside your small head, Andreas.

Another post consisting of a mess of weasel verbiage attempting to avoid admitting that your argument is a non-starter.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL