Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromTony Cooper
Date04/29/2014 17:02 (04/29/2014 11:02)
Message-ID<nlfvl9hdoffr2c48lde3vjbh252n5sfnj1@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (9m)

On 29 Apr 2014 14:39:43 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <ebdvl9dkm8ulq7pdjru69ma2fho5rmbvvn@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

No, someone NEEDED to require people to take driver's license in order to minimize traffic accidents.

It's the same thing, Andreas.

DESIRE - Less traffic accident The government WANT less traffic accidents

REQUIREMENT - Driver license

The government didn't sit down one day and say "Hey, I want driver's licenses". Driver licenses are a means to an end. The end in this case is what the government WANTED.

Tony Cooper
I wouldn't snip a line of this. It is probably the weakest, most ill-formed, argument I've ever seen.

Sandman
Best endorsement I could ever get.

Tony Cooper
In it, you've actually arrived at the conclusion that the requirement of a driver's license is based - born of - a want...exactly my position.

Sandman
I know you can't read, no need to prove it with EVERY post you make.

Tell an adult to explain the expression "means to an end" and how the "means" and the "end" is not the same thing.

Let me take a wild guess and posit that an "end" is what the person who adds the requirement wants to do.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL