Re: Will Tony apologize? (w...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromEric Stevens
Date04/28/2014 10:42 (04/28/2014 20:42)
Message-ID<an4sl9t3a4ad7lqh73gsl60s160klkd9lb@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (13m) > Eric Stevens

On 28 Apr 2014 05:02:32 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <7o0rl95rglsf6h2g1e643k8cgqodsvqeud@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

How many times do you need me to answer this question? Why can't you read??

Eric Stevens
I need you to answer this question as it cuts the legs out from under your claim that "there is nothing in Savageduck's response that would have me believe I had mixed them up."

Sandman
How so? He was talking about the size of the store, and Best Buy is also a massive store. He wasn't telling me I had the stores mixed up.

Evade, evade ...

Haha! There was no "certainty", since whether or not I was typing the wrong name wasn't being challenged. Savageduck were talking about SIZE. He wasn't telling me that B&H exists only in NY and that I couldn't have been to B&H, remember? THAT would have been to try to tell me I was wrong.

Eric Stevens
Looking at that videor would have told you that no matter what store you thought yo had been in, it wasn't the B&H store.

Sandman
Hehe, well only by seeing the logo on the web page. Remember, having "B&H" in my head and a video about a "superstore" that has camera gear and home entertainment gear wouldn't tell me that I had them mixed up, and since Best Buy presumably is in NY as well, that wouldn't really help either. Plus, the video doesn't really show the size of the store that well, other than to explicitly state its size.

You must think you are stupid.

At the time, Savageduck actually thought I WAS talking about B&H and was just amazed that I could call it tiny.

Eric Stevens
So was I.

Sandman
Make up your mind, earlier you said you knew I wasn't in reference to B&H and you were desperately trying to tell me I had the stores mixed up and I "persisted" in spite of that. Now you're saying that you thought I talked about B&H and called it tiny?

I knew there was something wrong with your reference to B&H.

Eric Stevens
Also, it never occurred to me that you would never have heard of B&H.

Sandman
I've obviously heard of it (I didn't make up the name "B&H" from out of the blue) but I didn't know they were a NY-only camera+video+computer store.

I had mentioned B&H as a store against which you could compare whatever it was you thought you had visited.

Eric Stevens
What do think everyone else was doing apart from signalling concern that your use of B&H was in some way wrong?

Sandman
Asking me if I was in NY and that's about it.

Eric Stevens
I wonder why they would do that?

Sandman
Not they. You. And you say lots of weird things, so you asking me about whether I've been to a Best Buy in New York isn't something out of the ordinary.

Duh.

Eric Stevens
Did you wonder why they were doing that?

Sandman
Sure I did - why would you ever ask me if I've been to a Best Buy in NY? But hey, this is Eric, he's sort of weird.

Duh!

Savageduck questioned my claim with regards to size, you asked me if I were in New York. Neither told me that I was mistakenly saying B&H instead of something else. Stop pretending otherwise. YOu both thought I was in reference to B&H, and naturally so.

Eric Stevens
We thought you were _wrong_ in reference to B&H.

Sandman
But just being an asshole and not telling me?

Eric Stevens
Tell you - what? I thought you had made an error but without engaging in a conversation I couldn't tell what. (Note: Arguments are not conversations)

Sandman
"Uh, are you sure you're saying the correct name of the store? B&H is a NY-only store, you seem to have them mixed up"

But at that time I didn't 'know' that B&H was a NY only store. I thought it was NY only and I couldn't find anything on their website to say they had any other stores but I was not absolutely confident that they did not have any other stores. That's why I was hoping you could enlighten me.

To which you would have gotten the reply:

"Oh, sorry, yeah I have them mixed up, I meant Best Buy, my bad. Thanks!"

You know, what I said *the second* I realized my error.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens