Re: Post processing

PeterN
SubjectRe: Post processing
FromPeterN
Date04/29/2014 21:28 (04/29/2014 15:28)
Message-ID<ljougr11tc6@news6.newsguy.com>
FollowsSavageduck
FollowupsSavageduck (50m) > PeterN

On 4/28/2014 7:46 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-04-28 23:23:06 +0000, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>said:

PeterN
On 4/28/2014 6:12 AM, android wrote:

android
In article <ljk5b1016v@news1.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
Your discussion is nothing more than a threadbare pissing contest. WTH does it have to do with photography. Why are you feeding the troll.

android
Not very much but we're bored! ;-p

PeterN
Fair enough!

Yesterday I went to hear Stephen Johnson speak.

Savageduck
You should have just started a fresh topic with no association to the previous mass of confusion. Piggy-backing in this case just creates a topic drift which is not really acceptable, even if it is some sort of joke being played out on your keyboard.

PeterN
<http://www.sjphoto.com/>

Previously, I took a one week workshopwith him, covering landscape shooting and Photoshop.

He repeated his conviction that LR has no real advantage over Bridge, except for its library function. He also repeated that ACR should only be used for rough adjustments, and the fine tuning should be done in PS, because you have more control. As for plugins, he never uses them because he feels that you get more control with PS. The only exception is using Perfect Resize.

Savageduck
Personal opinion, which if it works for him is just fine. Others do other things. Bridge + ACR + PS CS6/CC works pretty well. LR takes a different approach to library and adjustments.

PeterN
He never uses cloning,

Savageduck
That's OK! If he never needs it there is no reason to use it.

PeterN
but: adjusts color, toning and crops freely. IOW nothing is removed from the image that was there when he shot it, and nothing is put into the image that wasn't there.

Savageduck
Good for him.

PeterN
He does adjust with curves and color tones.

Savageduck
So do all sorts of folks who are happy working with those adjustments.

PeterN
Oh! yes. He shoots with a 4x5 with a Better Light scanning back, and a Hassey.

Savageduck
That's nice. I don't.

PeterN
Look at his work and judge for yourself.

Savageduck
OK! Some nice stuff there, but nothing extraordinary.

I am simply putting an individuals way of working, and philosophy out there.

-- PeterN