Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

PeterN
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromPeterN
Date04/17/2014 20:52 (04/17/2014 14:52)
Message-ID<lip7u00fq2@news1.newsguy.com>
FollowsRobert Coe
FollowupsTony Cooper (2h & 37m) > PeterN

On 4/15/2014 10:55 AM, Robert Coe wrote:

Robert Coe
On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 22:10:18 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>wrote: : In article <p5kok9l5g0p7h4ci045d0rig6i8qe3s0lv@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper : <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote: : : >Again, I don't know what you are used to. At Best Buy, they have a : >lot of cameras on open shelves with security cables. : : often without batteries (or dead ones) and possibly without a lens. : it's a crapshoot there.

The Best Buy in Cambridge, MA holds the record for the worst treatment I ever received in a retail establishment. The probability that I'll ever set foot in a BB again is near zero.

The treatment at Best Buy reminds me of the treatment at CompUsa. (Remember them?) While I was looking there would be a bunch of people just standing around schmoozing, and ignoring the customers. I like the treatment that I get from Gary at Hunt's. I have done a reasonable amount of business with Hunt's. Amazingly knows almost nothing about photography, but he is a smart businessman. He always refers me to someone who can answer my questions. I have found them a pleasure to do business with. One time I wanted to look at a lens. They were sponsoring an event near me. Gary sent the lens to the event, and told me I had no obligation to buy, but I could try it out and they would hold it for me. I wound up buying my new 80-400 the lens from them. I am thinking about the new Tamron 159-600. Since I have serious doubt about whether I will like it, I will wait, try the lens at Amherst. If I like it I will buy it from Gary.

-- PeterN

Tony Cooper (2h & 37m) > PeterN