Re: Will Tony apologize?? (...

J. Clarke
SubjectRe: Will Tony apologize?? (was: Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby)
FromJ. Clarke
Date04/30/2014 17:04 (04/30/2014 11:04)
Message-ID<MPG.2dcad4af134739ef98a683@news.newsguy.com>
Followsandroid

In article <bscaf3Fgd43U4@mid.individual.net>, here@there.was says...

android
In article <2bca1221-e33b-47a3-9d91-c5d130f3791c@googlegroups.com>, Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>wrote:

Whisky-dave
On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 18:39:49 UTC+1, Tony Cooper wrote:

Sandman
The funny thing is that I

actually think you know exactly how the word "standard" is used in this

sense. You're just here to argue as much as possible, disrupting the groups

as much as possible.

Tony Cooper
Yes, I do, but in *both* senses. I don't *just* look up words. I may look them up, but what I try to do is understand their use and application and that often means that the use and application has...

Whisky-dave
Jonas aka sandman take note, as this is how the English langauge works.

android
If Sandman is an average european scholar then he's spent about ten years studying the usage of english. I think that that effort seem to have paid off... No need for further comments.

He speaks it well enough, but when there's a misunderstanding he tells the native speakers of the language that it is their fault for not using the language properly, i.e. the way he was taught it in school, instead of considering the possibility that what he was taught in school was incorrect or incomplete.