Re: Colonial Photo & Hobby

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Colonial Photo & Hobby
FromTony Cooper
Date04/21/2014 06:06 (04/21/2014 00:06)
Message-ID<2mp8l9hbl10soaafccm0e68hkolpbdokha@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (9h & 3m) > Tony Cooper

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 19:45:19 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <s0h6l954u82lg5hvgd07amiaubl9bh1emq@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

That's not a scale drawing.

nospam
it's what's on their web site: <http://www.colonialphotohobby.com/layout.htm>

Tony Cooper
Yes, I know. I linked to it several days ago. It is not a scale drawing. It's somewhat representative of the layout, but not at all an accurate representation.

nospam
then it should say so on the link.

Tony Cooper
Contact Colonial Photo and tell them.

nospam
why don't you?

Because I'm not concerned about it? Because I can find my way around the store without a map? Because I'd been in the store hundreds of times before ever seeing the representation? Many other "Because..." reasons.

what's preventing them from having an accurate representation?

Tony Cooper
Ask them when you contact them. Maybe because they didn't have an accurate drawing available and someone prepared something by hand for the website?

nospam
then they're not concerned with being accurate. that's not what i'd want in a store but i guess it doesn't bother you.

Not in this area. The representation gives the viewer an idea of what's in store. Other parts of the webpage provides more information.

The photographers, the model makers, the electric train buffs, and the RC boat/car/airplane people in town know what Colonial has to offer. The store's been around forever. The webpage provides the visitor with sufficient information. An architect's floorplan would not improve the page. A store map is not really necessary at all.

After all, Popinjay has told you the store is tiny. Who needs a map?

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (9h & 3m) > Tony Cooper