Re: converting raw images f...

Sandman
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Message-ID<slrnlab4jn.28k.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (11h & 12m) > Sandman

In article <bm0ba95vtoqj577rohjrfms8q6jbr89827@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
That it may require complex graphics which are impractical in a text-only news group is one.

Sandman
Isn't that a pretty peculiar claim to make in a photography group that share pictures between each other on a daily basis. I'm sure even you could come up with a way to make a "complex graphic" accessible to the person that is asking you to support your claim.

Eric Stevens
Too much bloody trouble.

Sandman
Then *don't make claims you can't support*

Eric Stevens
Oh, I can support them. It's just thhat you are too determinedly dumb to understand.

Liar.

I gave you four written examples of the real-world use of the word 'protocol' and you ignored them.

Sandman
My god you're dumb. How many times do I have to tell you that in order for you to substantiate YOUR claim you have to provide quotes of ME using the words INCORRECTLY. That is the *ONLY* way for you to substantiate your claim. Until you do - it remains unsupported and you remain a LIAR.

Eric Stevens
Why are you trying tto twist the discussion?

I'm not. I'm trying to make you understand what you have to do in order to support your claim.

Why should I expect you to pay any attention to anything else I tell you?

Sandman
I will pay attention to you the moment you support your claims.

Eric Stevens
That what has been defined as support is set to an unreasonably high standard is another.

Sandman
Support is support, it doesn't have a "standard".

Eric Stevens
You keep demanding support in your specified form e.g. certificates.

Sandman
Yes - you are free to provide support in the way you deem accurate as well. Since the claim is that they have "engineering skills", you would only know this if you have access to their credentials, so just share with us what you have already seen.

Eric Stevens
You are a fool if you think that top racing drivers have credentials to support their skills other than that finnish in the top positions of important races.

So you're only support for them having "engineering skills" is that they "finnish in the top positions"?

Seriously? You don't know for sure that *a* *single* *one* actually have it, other than for your assumption that for a race car driver to finnish in the top position - he HAS to have "engineering skills"?

A failure to agree over terminology is yet another.

Sandman
No, that's not a reason why one is not ABLE to provide support, it's a source for support to be argued about. You have to actually provide the support to begin with before this is even a problem

Eric Stevens
I produced support for Tony's particular use of 'protocol' but you would not accept the neccessary usage of the word.

Sandman
"Tony's partiucular use of 'protocol'" was not support for your claim that *I* don't understand the word protocol.

You have to provide an actual *QUOTE* from *ME* where I am using the word *INCORRECTLY* in order to support your claim. Qouting Tony will not support a claim that *I* don't understand the word "protocol".

Eric Stevens
Bullshit.. You have produced dozens of examples: almost every time you disagree with Tony.

Fine - so quote some! QUOTE me using the word "protocol" incorrectly. Claims are hot air from you Eric - support is what is needed. Now you're claiming there are *dozens* so your burden of proof just increased by twelve!

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (11h & 12m) > Sandman