Re: converting raw images f...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromTony Cooper
Date12/02/2013 06:49 (12/02/2013 00:49)
Message-ID<ui5o99to60ata3m6207pb208pplvaq8v3n@4ax.com>
FollowsFloyd L. Davidson
FollowupsFloyd L. Davidson (1h & 36m) > Tony Cooper

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 19:03:36 -0900, floyd@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson
Those are, heh heh, VERY CLEAR EXAMPLES! And I'm willing to bet that many people cannot see the relationship between the examples and what I've described! They actually are clear, but they are not "good examples" because most people's ability to analyze such things is not very good. That is particularly true of artistic or creative people. On the other hand people who are good at problem solving or trouble shooting will see exactly what the point is.

It takes all kinds, but the kinds that have to post gratuitous insults don't get any respect from my direction.

Oh, c'mon, Floyd. Get real. I've read your posts longer than anyone here, I think, and our history goes back to another non-photography newsgroup that I still follow. *No one* tops you in gratuitous insults.

Personally, I don't understand why you are bothering about this particular subject matter. How you process your images, and the OS and the software, is completely immaterial. A good photographer sees what is photographable and processes that image to its best advantage. How that processing is done, on what OS and with what software, is no one's business but the person who took the image.

All this dick-waving about who uses the better machine or the better OS is ridiculous. Why anyone cares how someone else processes their image is beyond me. Especially, when it's someone like the noisiest dick-waver here who has *never* shown us that he takes or processes *any* image.

And, especially, when a fantastic shot could be linked here and no one could tell from the image what brand of computer or what OS or what program was used to process that image.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL