Re: converting raw images f...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromEric Stevens
Date12/05/2013 00:17 (12/05/2013 12:17)
Message-ID<8dbv99l8pokjireicdq0f0ghll11i7bq89@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (7h & 33m)
Eric Stevens (12d, 23h & 7m) > Eric Stevens

rOn 4 Dec 2013 10:52:52 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <1ost995u07njpp3c8s60odnv68fcift72q@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
You have a strange definition of 'liar'.

Sandman
Yes, you seem to think that dictionary definitions are "strange".

lie an intentionally false statement

Eric Stevens
So you are calling me a liar. Yet you have no evidence to prove that fact.

Sandman
Apart, of course, from this:

So, when you made this claim:

Eric Stevens 11/28/2013 <s14d99tpigvh1jt1g2idvq17u7j8h16t9q@4ax.com>

"The problem in this case is that neither of you properly understand the meaning of 'protocol'."

It could have been a mistake on your part, and you have two choices here:

1. Support your claim 2. Apologize, or at least admit to having made a mistake

Since 1 is not an actual option since you can't support it, since your claim is false, the only other viable option is number 2, which you also refuse to do.

That means that you are fully aware of the fact that the statement is false and your refusal to admit it means that it is intentional.

I am fully aware that you will not admit to understanding it but that does not make me a liar.

Thus, it's a lie.

Eric Stevens
Bullshit. The fact that you won't admit the meaning of 'protocol' in this context does not mean that I am a liar.

Sandman
The fact that you have YET TO SUPPORT YOUR INITIAL CLAIM makes you a liar.

I don't have to admit to anything, because you have offered NO SUPPORT for your claim. You can't just claim I don't understand something and then expect me to admit to out of trust of your CLAIM, do you?

Support your claims, Eric, or be branded a liar. Those are your choices.

I am utterly fed up with you calling me (and other people) liars.

I don't normally tell lies and I certainly have never told one on this news group. You on the other hand have told some enormous lies about yourself which are easily shown to be what they are with just a little time on Google. See below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 07:31:46 +0200, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote of the dream world in which he dwelled.

--- snip ---

I am a self-employed web developer. I have developed, from scratch, my own Content Managemenet System call Atlas. I sell this to companies that want an easy way to handle their website. I run all my own websites in it as well, of course.

This woke me up. A decent Content Management System (CMS) is not a trivial thing to develop and I thought that it would be a notable achievment if Jonas had actually done this.

So I went looking for 'Jonas Eklundh', 'Atlas' and 'Content Management System' and I found that a powerful CMS system called'Atlas' and associated with the name Eklundh is by no means imaginary.

See http://www.eklundh.com/ You will probably get a web page in Swedish but down the bottom-right is a button which enables you to select 'English'. There are in fact 72 languages available and the ability to handle this number is impressive. I found it impossible to believe that Jonas created all this on his own.

A bit more scratching around and I found http://www.eklundh.com/pages/kontakt Oops! There are three people, including a Hans Eklundh who looks as though he may be the father of Jonas. Note that the firm has been in business for 20 years occupies the whole buiding (or at least their address does) and on that basis it is doing very well for "a self employed web developer" who is probably in his 30s.

But then I found http://www.atlasproject.eu/atlas/project/en/index.html which describes the Atlas CMS development program. On the tab for 'Consortium' I found the following organisations were behind Atlas.

* Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi (UAIC) - Romania * Atlantis Consulting SA (Atlantis) - Greece * German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) * Institute for Bulgarian Language at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (IBL DCL) * Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences (ICS PAS) * Institute of Technology and Development (ITD) * University of Hamburg - Research Group 'Computerphilology' (UHH) * University of Zadar (UniZD) * Tetracom Interactive Solutions LTD

Not a mention of Eklundh to be seen. On the same tab there is a list of 22 people, dripping with Professors and PhDs, who were engaged in the project. Not an Eklundh to be seen here either.

On the Tetracom site on their page http://www.tetracom.com/ilib/tetracom/products/atlas you will see:

"ATLAS is an open-source software platform for multilingual web content management ....

ATLAS is a project funded by the European Commission under the CIP ICT PSP."

I think by now it is clear that Jonas's claim "I have developed, from scratch, my own Content Managemenet System call Atlas" is not true, unless he is opening himself up to a massive trademark law suit. My suspicion is that Eklundh.Com uses the Atlas system and makes use of appropriate packages for it's clients.

Jonas is probably engaged in helping set up some of these and may even tinker with the code. But as for developing it from scratch - the idea is ridiculous.

Somewhere in all of the above I found reference to Jonas's involvement with Stadsnatsfabriken whose address I tracked down to http://www.stadsnatsfabriken.se/atlas/contact/contact.php Once again you will find Jonas and his father, with Jonas being responsible for system design.

When I went looking for more information about Jonas under his full name of 'Karl Jonas Erik Eklund' I eventually found http://www.solidinfo.se/foretag/jonas-eklundh-communication-ab This is in Swedish but if you now go to http://tinyurl.com/kzgkocm you should get in the Google translation to English.

At the moment of writing US$1.00 = 6.5022 Swedish Krona. I will leave it to others to undertake any financial analysis.

Jonas does appear to have a one-man business from which he makes a small income. But that's not the same as the business he shares with his father, which produces the Atlas sites.

I am also a graphics artist, working in Photoshop, Illustrator and Maya. My clients are media companies in the TV and Movie business (mostly). I am not experienced in movie production, but an avid interest in it has resulted in knowledge about it that far surpasses most people (and certainly Eric and Tony, the ignorant troll duo).

I am also an artist, where I work in oil, acrylics, aquarelle and graphite (mostly) and I've had vernissages. This is not a claim to fame, however. The vernissages were fixed by my wife and I don't really think my art is good enough for such endeavours.

I also race cars as a hobby.

Hmm. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znom_y2ZHDw The modifications he has made to the exhaust system of the car seems to designed for show rather than performance. Not that the car needs more performance: it was threatening to get away from him in that first burst.

I also restore cars as a hobby.

And I am a hobby photographer where I like to experiment and test new things. My clients are usually children, pregnancy shots and weddings. This is just a side thing.

In his Linked-In page Jonas tells us that he is owner of Jonas Eklundh Communication AB (+10years), co-owner of Eklundh.Com (8 years) and Programmer and Project Manager for a 'Stadsnätsfabriken' (3 years), which is a peculiarly Swedish type of organisation which runs what is more or less a local area network for Internet connection purposes.

He claims skills and expertise in PHP, MySQL, Web Development, Apache, CSS, JavaScript, Linux, E-commerce, Web Applications, Mobile devices, among other things

I have worked six years as the Art Director of a magazine.

It is surprising that Jonas has made no mention of such an appointment in his Linked-In page. Nor have I have found evidence of this anywhere else.

I worked for eight years as the head of IT at one of Sweden's largest publishing companies, supervising both internal and external IT solutions (and developing our own CMS even there).

There is nothing to support this. Was this where he worked as an Art Director? Who knows? I don't believe this claim is true. At the best, it is an exageration.

I have worked five days at McDonald's :)

There, that should satisfy the troll duo's unnatural obsession with my qualifications. :-D

I wasn't so much concerned with his qualifications as much as I was with his veracity. I am left with the clear impresson that there is a vast gap between what he is and what he says he is. Jonas's claims about having "developed, from scratch, my own Content Managemenet System call Atlas" is an outright lie so blatant that I can't understand why he even thought he would be able to get away with it.

Jonas is clearly a competent person but suffers from an enormous urge to puff himself up into much more than he really is.

Regards,

Eric Stevens