Re: converting raw images f...

Savageduck
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromSavageduck
Date12/06/2013 23:28 (12/06/2013 14:28)
Message-ID<2013120614282151183-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
FollowsPeterN
FollowupsPeterN (3h & 41m)

On 2013-12-06 22:12:43 +0000, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>said:

PeterN

Savageduck
On 2013-12-06 16:40:05 +0000, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>said:

PeterN

Savageduck
On 2013-12-06 14:45:18 +0000, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>said:

PeterN
<snip>

Depends on whether you classify a casual snapshooter as a photographer.

Savageduck
Is a snapshot not a photograph? Is the snapshot shooter who produces nought but photographs sneeringly called snapshots, a photographer?

PeterN
Well, you may call me a snob, and technicallly you are right, but in I do not equate picture taking with photography. Not all who take pictures are photographers. Sorta like the difference between a bookkeeper and an accountant.

Savageduck
Yup! You are a snob trying to justify your snapshots. Welcome to the club. ;-) Even a snapshot is a photograph.

First define a photograph. Photograph: (noun) a picture made using a camera, in which an image is focused onto film or other light-sensitive material and then made visible and permanent by chemical treatment, or stored digitally.

Then define photographer. Photographer: (noun) a person who takes photographs.

BTW; the dictionary has this to say regarding snapshot. Snapshot: (noun) an informal photograph taken quickly, typically with a small hand held camera.

PeterN
I said that above. I also claim that photography is a art.

You seem to imply that only art created with a camera and tweaked in a darkroom (wet or digital) should be in your opinion called a photograph. Everything else in your estimate is just a picture.

-- Regards,

Savageduck

PeterN (3h & 41m)