Re: converting raw images f...

Sandman
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Message-ID<slrnl9qupk.vnb.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (2h & 49m) > Sandman

In article <a24q99tlctouejuhsotn9jg6b2j295kph9@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman
Pffft, my main Linux server has 48 cpu cores and 128GB of RAM. Your paltry toaster ovens need not apply.

Eric Stevens
What are you doing that needs that much grunt?

Sandman
I run a Content Mangement System that is the leading system for Sweden's Citynet websites. This is my day to day job where I develop web services for hundreds of clients that run on my main server (with backup servers of course, thought not as potent as my main one, naturally).

Eric Stevens
Is this the Atlas CMS system you developed?

Sandman
Yep.

Eric Stevens
Do you run the network as well?

Sandman
What network are you in reference to here?

Eric Stevens
The one which I presume runs on the 48 CPU cores etc. I presume that this doesn't run in a vacuum.

Ah, ok. You see, my text above refered to "Citynet websites", and a citynet is a network, so your question could be in reference to that network as well, hence the confusion.

No, I rent server space from a company called Glesys here in Sweden. Pricey, but enough bandwidth to go around :)

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (2h & 49m) > Sandman