Re: converting raw images f...

Sandman
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Message-ID<slrnl9mce4.p95.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens

In article <o0vl9996enp73f97gkil875ulf9t4lkd7r@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
You haven't the faintest idea of what my needs were back in those days.

nospam
whatever you supposedly wanted to do could have been done without a command line.

Eric Stevens
So my friend kept saying. I twice put him to the test and he came up wanting.

Why don't we ever get any real examples from you? You have lots of claims, but no actual examples. You seem to want to be as vague as possible, and the reason for that can be either lack of actual knowledge or fear of being proven wrong.

Almost nothing useful was available in package form, not even for the IBM PC. We had to write much of our own stuff.

nospam
you could have written your own stuff on a mac too.

Eric Stevens
How do you know? You weren't there.

He knows that "writing your own stuff" was quite possible on a Mac as on a IBM PC. Thousands of people "wrote their own stuff" on Macs.

nospam
there is no need for a command line to write apps and in fact, the gui development environments make writing apps worlds easier.

Eric Stevens
It was the overall operating environment.

Wow, I don't thin kyou could get a lot more vague than that. I think you never actually considered or tried the Mac back then - which is quite ok. Lots of people were only exposed to one "operating environment" and didn't spend ton of time evaluating every other possible choice. But when you make claims that Macs somehow lacked something, then expect to be asked to show what that was.

-- Sandman[.net]