Re: converting raw images f...

John Turco
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromJohn Turco
Date12/15/2013 23:39 (12/15/2013 16:39)
Message-ID<l8lb3j$7et$1@dont-email.me>

On 12/5/2013 12:50 AM, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <8dbv99l8pokjireicdq0f0ghll11i7bq89@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
I am fully aware that you will not admit to understanding it but that does not make me a liar.

Sandman
No, lying makes you a liar.

And I freely admit to understanding it.

Support your claims, Eric, or be branded a liar. Those are your choices.

Eric Stevens
I am utterly fed up with you calling me (and other people) liars.

Sandman
Then stop lying!

Eric Stevens
I don't normally tell lies and I certainly have never told one on this news group.

Sandman
I have proven this to be false many times over.

Eric Stevens
You on the other hand have told some enormous lies about yourself which are easily shown to be what they are with just a little time on Google. See below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ the dream world in which he dwelled.

--- snip ---

Sandman
I am a self-employed web developer. I have developed, from scratch, my own Content Managemenet System call Atlas. I sell this to companies that want an easy way to handle their website. I run all my own websites in it as well, of course.

Eric Stevens
This woke me up. A decent Content Management System (CMS) is not a trivial thing to develop and I thought that it would be a notable achievment if Jonas had actually done this.

So I went looking for 'Jonas Eklundh', 'Atlas' and 'Content Management System' and I found that a powerful CMS system called'Atlas' and associated with the name Eklundh is by no means imaginary.

Sandman
Indeed.

Eric Stevens
See http://www.eklundh.com/ You will probably get a web page in Swedish but down the bottom-right is a button which enables you to select 'English'. There are in fact 72 languages available and the ability to handle this number is impressive. I found it impossible to believe that Jonas created all this on his own.

Sandman
It's called Google translate. It's automatic. And it's not impossibkle to create a CMS system on your own, if you know what you're doing.

Eric Stevens
A bit more scratching around and I found http://www.eklundh.com/pages/kontakt Oops! There are three people, including a Hans Eklundh who looks as though he may be the father of Jonas. Note that the firm has been in business for 20 years occupies the whole buiding (or at least their address does) and on that basis it is doing very well for "a self employed web developer" who is probably in his 30s.

Sandman
I am 38, I work with my father as well - who runs his own company, neither of us is an employee of the other.

Eric Stevens
But then I found http://www.atlasproject.eu/atlas/project/en/index.html which describes the Atlas CMS development program. On the tab for 'Consortium' I found the following organisations were behind Atlas.

Sandman
This has nothing to do with my product. It seems to be a language framework for the web. I've never heard about it before.

Eric Stevens
* Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi (UAIC) - Romania * Atlantis Consulting SA (Atlantis) - Greece * German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) * Institute for Bulgarian Language at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (IBL DCL) * Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences (ICS PAS) * Institute of Technology and Development (ITD) * University of Hamburg - Research Group 'Computerphilology' (UHH) * University of Zadar (UniZD) * Tetracom Interactive Solutions LTD

Not a mention of Eklundh to be seen. On the same tab there is a list of 22 people, dripping with Professors and PhDs, who were engaged in the project. Not an Eklundh to be seen here either.

Sandman
Since that's not my Atlas CMS, that's to be expectyed. "Atlas" was the greek titan condemned by Zeus to bear the sky upon his shoulders (in some versions, the world). It's a pretty common name to use.

<edited for brevity>

Yes, it is. For instance, "Marvel" comics was previously named "Atlas" (and before that, "Timely").

John