Re: converting raw images f...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromTony Cooper
Date12/02/2013 19:29 (12/02/2013 13:29)
Message-ID<ttjp99tjis1jvddaj5t1ks0qscau3if62d@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (58m) > Tony Cooper

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 12:24:45 -0500, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <41ep999a8flldp9csp2lhsuoub5ijh5lal@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
Why does he need to follow the herd in order to have machine-capabilities to process them any differently?

Sandman
No one wants him to follow any "herd". That's some awkward thinking you've got ther. We are challening his ignorant and stupid claims about things he knows nothing about.

Tony Cooper
Of course he's suggesting following the herd. His position that Floyd should learn something new is clearly saying that Floyd should use something other than Linux and Gimp.

nospam
nobody said he should use something other than linux or the gimp. stop twisting things. he can use whatever he wants.

the problem is that he has categorically dismissed everything other than linux and the gimp without ever having used any of it.

Tony Cooper
Why is that a problem? What difference does that make to you or to anyone else?

nospam
because he's not basing his decision on facts,

Why should that concern you in the slightest? The "facts" are that whatever he's doing works for him. That should be the end of the discussion.

You won't let it go, though. Because his "facts" conflict with your "facts", you want to bully him into trying something out of his comfort zone. How's that working for you?

wrong. i never said anything about which way was best or that he should do it my way.

Then why are you in this discussion? You just want to argue?

what i said was that the only way to know which way is best is to evaluate all of the ways, and *then* decide.

That's *your* only way.

how can anyone possibly know which way is best if they only tried one way?

That reminds me of the old joke about the missionary position.

Tony Cooper
Analogies don't work very well here, but I'll try one. If my neighbor uses an old-fashioned push lawnmower, and I use a self-propelled gasoline-powered mower, does it make any difference in the way the lawn looks after mowing?

nospam
that analogy doesn't work well at all.

a better analogy is if your neighbor said push mowers don't need more effort than a gas powered mower. surprised, and seeing how heavily he is sweating from an afternoon of mowing, you say "really? which gas powered mowers have you used?" and he replies "none of them. i just know".

I would give my neighbor credit of having a reason to use a push mower. Maybe he considers it a form of exercise that is preferable to running on a treadmill. Unlike you, I don't question other people's decisions on how to do things.

If this is how you lead your life, I suspect you are not particularly welcome around other people because you're always pushing them as to why they do what they do.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL