Re: converting raw images f...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromEric Stevens
Date12/01/2013 04:16 (12/01/2013 16:16)
Message-ID<feal99hdk9oe3rmdhhdqneioa5al41rht4@4ax.com>
FollowsJ. Clarke

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:31:47 -0500, "J. Clarke" <jclarkeusenet@cox.net>wrote:

J. Clarke
In article <pqmk99dg4h0lmj3mv90nkpidk9t26v3tg6@4ax.com>, eric.stevens@sum.co.nz says...

Eric Stevens
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 01:00:33 -0900, floyd@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson
I really only have one small nit with OSX, which is the effort they went to to hide access to things like a shell command line.

Eric Stevens
Agreed

... and now I use Windows!

J. Clarke
I missed this post until I saw a reply to it.

If you are using Windows and you have not discovered Powershell, you might want to google it. It's built in (it's the Official Microsoft Way of running Server 2012 for example) and while it's a bit verbose and the commands are longer than needed, it's quite powerful. You can literally run Photoshop from a command line using it. I don't just mean load it.

Here's a (bad) tutorial you might find interesting: <https://youtube.googleapis.com/v/3Yswmjl9k-o?hd=1>

I say it's "bad" because I don't know what version of Powershell he's using but some of the syntax he uses doesn't work on Powershell 2.0--I don't know whether he's running the latest (4.0), or the earliest, or a beta, or has done some tweaks, or what. I can make his commands work but I have to do some fiddling. Still, it shows just a little bit of the sort of thing you can do. The whole API is accessible--the API docs are at <http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/scripting.html>. There's a decent, if elementary, set of Powershell tutorials at <http://www.powershellpro.com/powershell-tutorial-introduction/>.

I wasn't aware of it and I don't need it now. But thanks for telling me. I will look into it.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens