Re: converting raw images f...

Sandman
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Message-ID<slrnl9rldv.aot.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsPeterN
FollowupsPeterN (8m)

In article <l7kkd702r77@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

Sandman
But it is. They use the tools they have at their disposal like a taxi driver would, or even a race car driver. A race car driver doesn't need to know the first thing about car mechanics (but it's a fair bet that many do) in order to race the car. A skilled race car driver will perform magic with a car, just like an architect might perform magic with AutoCAD. They both have their tools, and the inner workings of the tools aren't *needed* knowledge for them to do what they do.

In some cases, it may be a bonus, it may be helpful but it's not needed. Chuck Yeager started as an aircraft mechanic and ended up pushing the limits of aircrafts, but not all pilots are aircraft mechanics, and no one is expected to know more about aircraft mechanics than the equivalent of putting gas in the car and switching tires.

PeterN
Poor analogy. If a car runs out of gas, or gets a flat tire, one can simply pull over to the side of the road, traffic permitting. If you are flying, you damn well better understand your plane's capabilities, and know the signs of impending mechanical failure.

I'm just sitting here with my mouth open....

You... didn't understand one single thing... of what I wrote... Maybe... maybe analogies isn't your thing?

-- Sandman[.net]

PeterN (8m)