Re: converting raw images f...

Sandman
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Message-ID<slrnla08kq.hqs.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsTony Cooper (6h & 50m) > Sandman
John Turco (10d, 15h & 48m)

In article <8dbv99l8pokjireicdq0f0ghll11i7bq89@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
I am fully aware that you will not admit to understanding it but that does not make me a liar.

No, lying makes you a liar.

And I freely admit to understanding it.

Sandman
Support your claims, Eric, or be branded a liar. Those are your choices.

Eric Stevens
I am utterly fed up with you calling me (and other people) liars.

Then stop lying!

I don't normally tell lies and I certainly have never told one on this news group.

I have proven this to be false many times over.

You on the other hand have told some enormous lies about yourself which are easily shown to be what they are with just a little time on Google. See below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ the dream world in which he dwelled.

--- snip ---

Sandman
I am a self-employed web developer. I have developed, from scratch, my own Content Managemenet System call Atlas. I sell this to companies that want an easy way to handle their website. I run all my own websites in it as well, of course.

Eric Stevens
This woke me up. A decent Content Management System (CMS) is not a trivial thing to develop and I thought that it would be a notable achievment if Jonas had actually done this.

So I went looking for 'Jonas Eklundh', 'Atlas' and 'Content Management System' and I found that a powerful CMS system called'Atlas' and associated with the name Eklundh is by no means imaginary.

Indeed.

See http://www.eklundh.com/ You will probably get a web page in Swedish but down the bottom-right is a button which enables you to select 'English'. There are in fact 72 languages available and the ability to handle this number is impressive. I found it impossible to believe that Jonas created all this on his own.

It's called Google translate. It's automatic. And it's not impossibkle to create a CMS system on your own, if you know what you're doing.

A bit more scratching around and I found http://www.eklundh.com/pages/kontakt Oops! There are three people, including a Hans Eklundh who looks as though he may be the father of Jonas. Note that the firm has been in business for 20 years occupies the whole buiding (or at least their address does) and on that basis it is doing very well for "a self employed web developer" who is probably in his 30s.

I am 38, I work with my father as well - who runs his own company, neither of us is an employee of the other.

But then I found http://www.atlasproject.eu/atlas/project/en/index.html which describes the Atlas CMS development program. On the tab for 'Consortium' I found the following organisations were behind Atlas.

This has nothing to do with my product. It seems to be a language framework for the web. I've never heard about it before.

* Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi (UAIC) - Romania * Atlantis Consulting SA (Atlantis) - Greece * German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) * Institute for Bulgarian Language at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (IBL DCL) * Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences (ICS PAS) * Institute of Technology and Development (ITD) * University of Hamburg - Research Group 'Computerphilology' (UHH) * University of Zadar (UniZD) * Tetracom Interactive Solutions LTD

Not a mention of Eklundh to be seen. On the same tab there is a list of 22 people, dripping with Professors and PhDs, who were engaged in the project. Not an Eklundh to be seen here either.

Since that's not my Atlas CMS, that's to be expectyed. "Atlas" was the greek titan condemned by Zeus to bear the sky upon his shoulders (in some versions, the world). It's a pretty common name to use.

I have seen other systems called Atlas as well.

On the Tetracom site on their page http://www.tetracom.com/ilib/tetracom/products/atlas you will see:

"ATLAS is an open-source software platform for multilingual web content management ....

ATLAS is a project funded by the European Commission under the CIP ICT PSP."

I think by now it is clear that Jonas's claim "I have developed, from scratch, my own Content Managemenet System call Atlas" is not true, unless he is opening himself up to a massive trademark law suit. My suspicion is that Eklundh.Com uses the Atlas system and makes use of appropriate packages for it's clients.

That would be false. It is 100% self-developed and not related to this other similarly-named project at all.

Jonas is probably engaged in helping set up some of these and may even tinker with the code. But as for developing it from scratch - the idea is ridiculous.

I "tinker" in the way that I have written 100% of it.

Somewhere in all of the above I found reference to Jonas's involvement with Stadsnatsfabriken whose address I tracked down to http://www.stadsnatsfabriken.se/atlas/contact/contact.php Once again you will find Jonas and his father, with Jonas being responsible for system design.

Indeed. Stadsnätsfabriken is swedish for "Citynet Factory", and Atlas CMS is used by the majority of Citynet's in Sweden.

When I went looking for more information about Jonas under his full name of 'Karl Jonas Erik Eklund' I eventually found http://www.solidinfo.se/foretag/jonas-eklundh-communication-ab This is in Swedish but if you now go to http://tinyurl.com/kzgkocm you should get in the Google translation to English.

At the moment of writing US$1.00 = 6.5022 Swedish Krona. I will leave it to others to undertake any financial analysis.

Jonas does appear to have a one-man business from which he makes a small income. But that's not the same as the business he shares with his father, which produces the Atlas sites.

We don't share any business (other than our joint ventures, but no company), and no - I don't make millions of dollars in income, neither do I need to do it. I am self-employed and have very little debt and costs. This way I can minimize the cost to my clients.

Sandman
I am also a graphics artist, working in Photoshop, Illustrator and Maya. My clients are media companies in the TV and Movie business (mostly). I am not experienced in movie production, but an avid interest in it has resulted in knowledge about it that far surpasses most people (and certainly Eric and Tony, the ignorant troll duo).

I am also an artist, where I work in oil, acrylics, aquarelle and graphite (mostly) and I've had vernissages. This is not a claim to fame, however. The vernissages were fixed by my wife and I don't really think my art is good enough for such endeavours.

I also race cars as a hobby.

Eric Stevens
Hmm. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znom_y2ZHDw The modifications he has made to the exhaust system of the car seems to designed for show rather than performance. Not that the car needs more performance: it was threatening to get away from him in that first burst.

Indeed. It's a fun enough car and the exhaust was not fixed for performance, but for sound. Dodge has a really quiet exhaust system

Sandman
I also restore cars as a hobby.

And I am a hobby photographer where I like to experiment and test new things. My clients are usually children, pregnancy shots and weddings. This is just a side thing.

Eric Stevens
In his Linked-In page Jonas tells us that he is owner of Jonas Eklundh Communication AB (+10years), co-owner of Eklundh.Com (8 years) and Programmer and Project Manager for a 'Stadsnätsfabriken' (3 years), which is a peculiarly Swedish type of organisation which runs what is more or less a local area network for Internet connection purposes.

Not really, but the misunderstanding is understandable.

He claims skills and expertise in PHP, MySQL, Web Development, Apache, CSS, JavaScript, Linux, E-commerce, Web Applications, Mobile devices, among other things

Indeed, all needed to develop your own CMS.

Sandman
I have worked six years as the Art Director of a magazine.

Eric Stevens
It is surprising that Jonas has made no mention of such an appointment in his Linked-In page. Nor have I have found evidence of this anywhere else.

It is mentioned, though. "Forma Publishing Group" is the company (then called ICA Förlaget) and my title was "Webansvare" (web director... I suppose). It's all there:

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=7440322

Sandman
I worked for eight years as the head of IT at one of Sweden's largest publishing companies, supervising both internal and external IT solutions (and developing our own CMS even there).

Eric Stevens
There is nothing to support this. Was this where he worked as an Art Director? Who knows? I don't believe this claim is true. At the best, it is an exageration.

Yes, it was the same company. I was employed as Art Director, and then they were going to start up their internal IT department that was going to do web pages for all magazines and I was asked if I wanted to join. Over time, I took on more and more responsibility after having started with only design things. Atlas CMS started its life here. Before Atlas, I programmed an entire CMS using Roxen's RXML and I called it Pluto.

Sandman
I have worked five days at McDonald's :)

There, that should satisfy the troll duo's unnatural obsession with my qualifications. :-D

Eric Stevens
I wasn't so much concerned with his qualifications as much as I was with his veracity. I am left with the clear impresson that there is a vast gap between what he is and what he says he is.

Of course not. Everything I said is 100% true - except perhaps how long I worked as an Art Director, it may have been five or even four years. I may have exaggaretaed that part.

Jonas's claims about having "developed, from scratch, my own Content Managemenet System call Atlas" is an outright lie so blatant that I can't understand why he even thought he would be able to get away with it.

It's not a lie.

Jonas is clearly a competent person but suffers from an enormous urge to puff himself up into much more than he really is.

Why would I ever want that? I live a very good life, and I have the luxury to have really nice hobbies and a nice job. No need to lie about anything.

Although he presents as a lion he is really a mouse.

I don't present myself as a lion, and if someone thinks I'm a mouse, I'm fine with that. I don't have any pride invested in my self-image really.

Let me know if you want more explained and/or supported. You know, like I do. Since I don't lie. This way, I can always explain and support my claims - especially when they are about myself.

You seem to have quoted someone above, and I don't know who. I never saw the original post.

-- Sandman[.net]

Tony Cooper (6h & 50m) > Sandman
John Turco (10d, 15h & 48m)