Re: converting raw images f...

Floyd L. Davidson
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromFloyd L. Davidson
Date12/02/2013 04:06 (12/01/2013 18:06)
Message-ID<87r49wgddg.fld@apaflo.com>
FollowsSavageduck
Followupsnospam (16m)

Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
On 2013-12-02 02:20:42 +0000, floyd@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) said:

Floyd L. Davidson
nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>wrote:

nospam
In article <87pppghvji.fld@apaflo.com>, Floyd L. Davidson <floyd@apaflo.com>wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson

Also, the TIFF related stuff is in a library, used by both UFRAW and GIMP, so it if it is something else it may not actually be related to the specifics of either of these programs!

nospam
doesn't matter where the problem is. at the end of the day, he can't open a standard image format.

Floyd L. Davidson
Are you actually that impaired? Misconfigured software is not unusual for new users on the first try. ...

bd
convert image1.tif -depth 8 -type truecolor -density 300 -units pixelsperinch newimage1.tif

Floyd L. Davidson
If that works, try it again without the "-density 300 -units pixelsperinch" options.

nospam
didn't someone say there were no hoops to jump through?? sure looks like hoops to me.

Floyd L. Davidson
Incidentally, all of that works exactly the same way on an OSX or MS-WINDOWS machine.

Savageduck
Not on my OSX machine it doesn't.

Yes it does.

I import RAW files (NEF, CR2, & RAF) into Lightroom or open in ACR

We are not talking about what Lightware does or what ACR does. Pay attention.

without jumping through a single hoop. Admittedly I have set up my LR import & file handling preferences.

And when the OP has correctly configured his programs, they will work too.

Images adjusted non-destructively in LR and can be exported in your format of choice. If taken into Photoshop the resulting image can be saved in your format of choice. Not a hoop in sight.

You just describe hoops, and then say there are none.

What you mean is that there are different ways to configure different programs, and you don't have a clue about what the OP needs.

-- Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/ Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd@apaflo.com

nospam (16m)