Re: An Apology - Was Re: co...

Sandman
SubjectRe: An Apology - Was Re: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Message-ID<slrnlb7slt.ned.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (17m) > Sandman

In article <e1o6b9lgsfsbn3rnpevqtsh96sroo21i5n@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman
Failure to understand logic on your part does not make the logic circular.

Eric Stevens
But your accusations of lying start with me being unable to substantiate my claims to your satisfaction.

Incorrect. The conclusion that you are lying is based on your inability to provide substantiation, period.

Sandman
Incorrect, given the fact that the only possible "middle" is a scenario where you CAN substantiate the incorrect statement but WON'T, which would make you an idiot. And any claims to that effect are NOT support for it not being a lie - or incorrect.

Eric Stevens
That's nonsense. You are ignoring the 'middle' where what I say is true but that (for any reason) I am unable to substantiate that.

Which would be a viable option, if what you said was true. Since what you said concerned knowledge on my part, I knew for a fact from the outset that your claim was untrue, so there was no possible scenario where you said something true and then were unable to support it.

And even if we hypothetically say that your claim WAS true and you couldn't support it, an honest person would retract his claim nonetheless. If you can't support it, don't make the claim. It's as easy as that.

What you are saying is that the reality of any part of the universe stands or falls with my ability to substantiate it. Things can be true even if you cannot prove it at the time.

They can - but one should not state them as facts if one cannot substantiate them. You may make claims about your opinions and guesses and assumptions as much as you like and no one would hold you to prove them. But when you continually make explicit claims and state them as facts, whilst failing to support them with anything, that makes you an idiot or a liar. Take your pick.

I thought that at the very least that was worth at least a wry grin.

Sandman
I thought it was you needlessly dragging up old arguments in an effort to spite me - i.e. troll.

Eric Stevens
You are unduly sensitive.

How so? You are a troll and a proven liar. Why would I give you ANY leeway? I'd say I was *duly* sensitive towards your game playing, trolling and lying and you utter inability to read and comprehend written English.

-- Sandman[.net]