Re: converting raw images f...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromEric Stevens
Date12/02/2013 09:29 (12/02/2013 21:29)
Message-ID<67ho999sp63c8ndm4pkcsoivupatghrbrp@4ax.com>
FollowsEric Stevens

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 13:32:06 +1300, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Eric Stevens
On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 04:32:41 -0500, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <s5vl99pu4breu5hgtc06gv1cq49qfb5k7t@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Eric Stevens
Don't you know Apple made computers before they made the Macintosh?

nospam
this is about a mac, not the apple i, ii, iii or lisa.

Eric Stevens
Pay attention. I wrote "A friend of mine sold Apple computers in the distant past".

nospam
since the apple ii had a command line, he could not have been referring to the apple ii when he said there was no command line.

therefore, he *had* to be referring to macs when he made that statement.

Eric Stevens
You could be right. I've had a look back at the Apple II command line instructions and I could see why I didn't consider it seriously. That and the completely inadequate size of the floppy discs (we were running two 8" Persi double-sided drives of 1.2Mb capacity + an 8" IMI HDD of 8Mb on the Cromemco system.

nospam
you also said:

Eric Stevens
I would be very happy with the one they have got now, if only they had it then.

nospam
which can only refer to macs, since they no longer make the apple ii.

Eric Stevens
My remark applies to any of the then current Apple machines. I would have been very happy with Unix at that time.

nospam
if he actually said the apple ii didn't have a command line, he is a clueless moron and any advice he gave you about macs was almost certainly just as wrong and that probably extends to other computers too.

Eric Stevens
I can't answer that.

nospam
it also wasn't needed.

Eric Stevens
It was by me.

nospam
what did you want to do that you think you needed a command line?

Eric Stevens
I'm not going to try and explain that in this forum. It's too complicated.

nospam
in other words, you won't admit it was possible without a cli.

Eric Stevens
Those are your words, not mine. You've had your opportunity to learn more and you rejected it.

Sorry. I was confusing you with Sandman.

nospam
no surprise there.

--

Regards,