Re: converting raw images f...

Sandman
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Message-ID<slrnla36tf.m3k.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (18h & 17m) > Sandman

In article <3l23a91gc6h7r2b95g69pqu0gdt5b7gvcl@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman
Incorrect. It is a lie when the person make a claim and refuse to support and AND refuse to admit it was incorrect. Those are his two options. You either substantiate your claim or admit it was misguided or incorrect. If you fail to do either, you are also fully aware that you are incapable of supporting your claim while at the same time not retracting it - that makes it a lie.

Eric Stevens
Your primary mistake is in thinking there are only the two options.

No, those are the only options.

You also are mistaken if you think that refusing to support is the same as not being able to support.

You are mistaken if you think that claiming that you're able to support it but won't, changes anything. Until you actually support it, the only logical assumption is that you can't. Any claims to the contrary from you are worth nil.

Sandman
At first it can be a mistake, or it can actually be correct.

When Eric says this:

Eric Stevens 11/28/2013 <s14d99tpigvh1jt1g2idvq17u7j8h16t9q@4ax.com>

"The problem in this case is that neither of you properly understand the meaning of 'protocol'."

He has made a claim about my knowledge about a word. In my followup I stated that his claim was incorrect and his two choices were these:

1. Ok, so maybe I don't know whether or not you properly understand it, but it was my assumption you did not based on this:

Eric Stevens
You had already had several examples of this and denied every one of them.

No, you have yet to post *a single quote* of me that you claim to have misunderstood. Not a single one!

Sandman
2. You don't, here is a quote from your where you are using the word incorrectly:

Eric Stevens
Ditto.

Nope, you have yet to post *a single quote* from me where I used the word "protocol" incorrectly. I've asked for such a quote for *DAYS* but you have failed every single time.

Sandman
If he had done 1, then I could have corrected him and told him where he got it wrong.

Eric Stevens
That's exactly what you do. It never penetrates your skull that you may have got it wrong.

It would - if you had been able to point to a single quote of me getting it wrong! Merely *CLAIMING* that I got it wrong won't have me admit to anything, you have to actuall *SHOW* it as well!

Sandman
If he had done 2, and was correct, I would have admitted to my mistake without blinking an eye.

Eric Stevens
The evidence is that you don't/won't do that.

The evidence is that I often admit to my mistakes, some in this very thread! And some even without anyone prompting me! I have provided ample of examples for that, as you know.

Sandman
He choose to do neither. HIs following posts were:

1. Talk about a "black box" analogy that may, to a laymen, describe the usage of the word "protocol" in some instances, but in no way supported his initial claim that I hadn't properly understood the meaning of the word. Merely offering up your own simplistic understanding of a word doesn't servce as proof that someone else doesn't understand it

2. Said that I had claimed that "protocol meaning software", which I hadn't. This was a pure fabrication on his part, and all the posts he could find were ME telling YOU that "protocol" has very little to do with software - the complete opposite of his claim.

Eric Stevens
You spent a lot of time trying to show that protocols were not found in software. This was quite true and was only necessary as a result of you determinedly misunderstanding what Tony Cooper had said.

Incorrect. And see how you DIDN'T show a quote of this in your followup - you know, like I *always* do? Of course you didn't. To you, making a claim is all you need to do for it to become fact.

Sandman
I'm quite sure I've exaggerated many times in my life, but never with the intention to mislead. You are free to ask me at any time if you feel that something may be "embellished" by me, and I will either explain more or clarify what I meant and correct anything that was incorrectly claimed by me.

As I've shown many many times, I have exactly *NO* problem admitting to mistakes I make, ...

Eric Stevens
Haw!

Laugh it up, fuzzball. I've no problem substantiating this claim at all:

11/29/2013 <slrnl9h6v6.av3.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"He's free to post whenever and however he likes, of course. And I agree that "joined this thread" was a poor choice of words. "Joined this discussion" is more apt. My mistake."

11/27/2013 <slrnl9bga4.248.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"It does? My bad, then."

11/27/2013 <slrnl9cik0.3s1.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"Yes, my bad, apparently none of his actual equipment survived, but this article has a picture of a camera of the same type:"

10/20/2013 <mr-1F8093.18584820102013@News.Individual.NET>

"Yeah, I missed that. I thought it was RichA. To answer the other part of your question, I was responding to Ray Carter and made a joke about *his* spelling flame towards Peter (who I thought was Rich at the time, my mistake)."

08/14/2013 <mr-9AC27B.21434014082013@News.Individual.NET>

"Ooops! My mistake :)"

08/20/2013 <mr-B1773F.08561820082013@News.Individual.NET>

"I saw the time stamp of his post, which read: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 05:29:03 -0700 (PDT) And, stupidly enough I read that as: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 05:29:03 +0700 (UTC) Which would place him in America. My mistake. (see, no problem admitting to mistakes when there is support for me being wrong)"

08/02/2013 <mr-92099F.18483002082013@News.Individual.NET>

"Ooops, I meant "textbook example". My mistake. This was a mistake I made by in my head translating the swedish expression "skolboksexempel" which literally becomes "school book example", but the real translation is "textbook example". Sorry about that."

05/28/2013 <mr-7F41B0.07152728052013@News.Individual.NET>

"My apologies, my bad. Sorry about that :)"

05/24/2013 <mr-38E599.07412424052013@News.Individual.NET>

"My deepest apologies."

See - PLENTY of quotes from me admitting to mistakes. As opposed to you trolls - I have a *HISTORY* of admitting to mistakes I make. I can point to having done this many times in the past, as opposed to you.

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (18h & 17m) > Sandman