Re: converting raw images f...

PeterN
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromPeterN
Date12/01/2013 05:17 (11/30/2013 23:17)
Message-ID<l7ed76015fo@news6.newsguy.com>
FollowsSavageduck

On 11/30/2013 5:22 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2013-11-30 21:55:40 +0000, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>said:

Eric Stevens
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 12:25:36 -0800, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
On 2013-11-30 17:28:31 +0000, sid <sidney@sidshouse.net>said:

<< Additional Snip >>

Eric Stevens
What Lloyd has described is the setup and configuration he uses for his process. It seem s hell of a long and convoluted but it's no worse than the process I'm still going through for setting up LR5. If I've understood him correctly it will be no more difficult for Lloyd to run than LR5 will be for me once I've got it all sorted out.

Savageduck
It isn't complicated. Just start by importing your latest captures and work backwards. Don't try to import everything at once, especially if you have a catalog of 10+ years of digital images.

Then take a break. Take a look at a tutorial video or two. Try out what was demonstrated in the video, and move on. < http://www.jkost.com/lightroom.html >

Good advice and an excellent tutorial.

sid
Clicking an icon is way easier with osx I take it?

Savageduck
Is that supposed to be some sort of OSX put down?

You aren't familiar with OSX, Lightroom, or Photoshop are you? I sure as Hell don't have to jump through the hoops Floyd has set out above.

Eric Stevens
You have probably already done it but using configuration windows and menus etc. Lloyd uses a script.

Savageduck
So? That is what he needs to do because he is using Linux, with OSX, LR, & PS, I don't need to do that, but I could if I needed to. ...but why go to the effort?

I have a workflow in Lightroom & Photoshop which might come as a surprise to you, is smooth and efficient, without a thought as to the under pinnings of the OS, I am sure the same is true for those using LR & PS in the Windows environment. < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_422.jpg > < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_423.jpg >

-- PeterN