Re: converting raw images f...

nospam
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Fromnospam
Date12/04/2013 03:35 (12/03/2013 21:35)
Message-ID<031220132135469607%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (15m)

In article <vk3t99dlgnbp5nlmf8lo98ktuiiunlmddt@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Eric Stevens
And I maintain that if the programmer is writing his app for an architect the architect should be able to understand programming.

nospam
what for?

do you think the architect is going to have much to say in a code review? it's not his area of expertise.

Eric Stevens
And I wouldn't expect him to. No, I was thinking more of things such as conditional branching, input data format, output format, will it fit(?) and, in some cases, order of precision and execution time.

nospam
no need for an architect to know that, other than possibly the input or output format which isn't programming.

Eric Stevens
You will already have seen my comment: the architect needs to know something about computing, which includes a knowledge of programming.

computers yes. programming no.

nospam
he will want to be involved with design of the app, but that's expected. he does *not* need to know how to write it.

Eric Stevens
That's my point. If he is going to be involved in the design he should have some idea of what he is talking about.

nospam
but that doesn't require learning how to program.

Eric Stevens
I disagree.

ok.