Re: converting raw images f...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromTony Cooper
Date12/06/2013 21:27 (12/06/2013 15:27)
Message-ID<h5c4a95rhjlu2g6k76d5dubibj4v618dj2@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
FollowupsSavageduck (1h & 16m) > Tony Cooper
nospam (3h & 31m)

On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 12:42:43 -0500, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <5j04a9ppbd9remp6iooao6j3op9cv7u1fg@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Savageduck
Don't get me wrong, I am as much an advocate of the darkroom wet and/or digital as much as any of us geeky types, but we are not the mainstream. Most photographers today are shooting with phones and their photographs will never be printed, never entered in a competition, but will be briefly displayed on a phone in a transmitted message.

Tony Cooper
My son, sadly, is in this group. He has a Nikon DSLR, but since he went to an iPhone he has not used his Nikon. All his images are still on his phone. He is a techno-klutz, and isn't interested in knowing how to do anything with his photos other than leaving them on the phone.

nospam
that's very common. slrs are a pain to carry. smartphones aren't, and are often good enough.

for a special event, he will probably want the slr.

What's more special than his wife being sworn in as a citizen?

Tony Cooper
While the iPhone takes good photographs, and they can be transferred to a more permanent medium, many people just don't do it. Where are the albums going to be for future generations?

nospam
no different than any other camera, film or digital.

You don't see a difference? Blinders.

With a film camera, you eventually run out of exposures and have to have the image printed. With a DSLR, eventually have to upload the card somewhere or delete the images on the card. "Have to" in the sense that the camera will no longer function as a camera if you don't.

With the iPhone, some people never do anything more than view what they've taken or send that image to other people. They don't keep those images in a medium for future viewing.

That's their choice, of course, but it seems sad to me. Someday they may regret not having those images available.

Once again, you have jumped into a sub-thread with nothing more than a argument/contradiction. Nothing of interest, nothing that adds to the thought, nothing really related to photography. -- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL