Re: converting raw images f...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromEric Stevens
Date12/04/2013 02:05 (12/04/2013 14:05)
Message-ID<qnvs991vg6ln83hdif0fett7umhcrvgeh3@4ax.com>
FollowsPeterN
FollowupsFloyd L. Davidson (3h & 23m) > Eric Stevens

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 19:47:52 -0500, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
On 12/3/2013 7:06 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 18:43:25 -0500, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
On 12/3/2013 5:21 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 07:36:35 -0500, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

They all come with one set of ink cartridges which have been partly depleted by the need to fill the system for the first time. Th $/ml for the 4900 is less than for the other two so the first charge costs less than it does for the others.

PeterN
Nope. IIRC the 4900 comes with its cartridges filled to the same amount of ink that as in a purchased replacement cartridge. The other cartridges are about 25% of that figure. However, if we agree on the principals, than we simply need to see where the facts fit in. The methodology for measuring cost is the important point of agreement. If we do not agree on the methodology, I am receptive to what you have to say. If my above assumptions are not correct, I stand corrected.

Eric Stevens
Are you saying that before it leaves the factory the 4900 is charged with ink and then fitted with new ink cartridges?

PeterN
I am saying that at some point, the carts are packaged with the printer.

Eric Stevens
The printer is already precharged? I was so surprised at this I looked it up.

"Under the heaing of Specifications the brochure states Cartridge yields vary considerably for reasons including images printed, print settings, temperature and humidity. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink color. A variable amount of ink remains in the cartridge after the “replace cartridge” signal. Part of the ink from the first cartridges is used for priming the printer. Ink is used for both printing and print head maintenance. All inks are used for both black and color printing. For more information about cartridges, see www.epson.com/cartridgeinfo "

So it seems that the 4900 is the same as the other printers: some ink is used to give the printer it's initial charge.

PeterN
Nope. The 4900 comes with more ink than the others. For me this is EOD.

EOD or not, you have missed the point. There is no argument that the 4900 has bigger cartridges. I was trying to say that as in the 2800 and 38xx, some of the initial load of ink goes into filling (also known as priming or charging) the system. You never get a full load of ink out of the initial cartridges. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens