Re: converting raw images f...

Floyd L. Davidson
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromFloyd L. Davidson
Date12/01/2013 00:08 (11/30/2013 14:08)
Message-ID<87a9glmqs0.fld@apaflo.com>
Followsnospam
FollowupsJ. Clarke (44m)
nospam (1h)

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>wrote:

nospam
In article <1754333.Rx5fvnH5uc@thecrap.blueyonder.co.uk>, sid <sidney@sidshouse.net>wrote:

Savageduck
[...] most importantly I have a feeling your hardline choice of OS is your real problem, and it is distracting you from paying attention to improving your photography.

...and having to think about how to maneuver around the arcane mechanics of an OS to process digital images rather than the mechanics of the style and subjects of our photography is an impediment & distraction.

sid
What "archane mechanics" do you suppose one has to maneuver inorder to process images. Clicking an icon is way easier with osx I take it?

nospam
certainly easier than writing and debugging a script to process images, such as what floyd suggests.

That was not what I suggested though, and the idiocy of thinking it is clouds your ability to ever become really productive.

I suggested creating tools that can do what you need, rather than merely being able to select from a list of generic tools. You want to develop your workflow around the available tools, I want to develop the tools around my workflow.

See the difference? In the end the more highly developed and specialized tool set is what makes the difference.

-- Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/ Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd@apaflo.com

J. Clarke (44m)
nospam (1h)