Re: converting raw images f...

Sandman
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Message-ID<slrnl9omc3.s8g.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (4h & 55m) > Sandman
Floyd L. Davidson (16h & 31m) > Sandman

In article <929n995fplf31f9vvqffo6aqig2r24pr2j@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

nospam
only because he refuses to learn anything new.

Tony Cooper
So what? Have you seen his images?

Yep.

Why does he need to follow the herd in order to have machine-capabilities to process them any differently?

No one wants him to follow any "herd". That's some awkward thinking you've got ther. We are challening his ignorant and stupid claims about things he knows nothing about.

You know, like we do with your ignorant and stupid claims about things you know nothing about.

What it comes down to, in the area of photography, is whether or not the person produces good photographs. Floyd does.

Great, if we were talking about the "area of photography" and the merit's of ones photographs.

This is called a diversion.

He's an opinionated, egotistical asshole here, but so are you. The difference is that we know Floyd's photographic output is good and we don't know if yours is or not.

And thus, for whatever reason, that means that nospam's opinion is worth less?

Put your money where your mouth is. If you have good photographs, and one of the reasons they are good is because you have some better processing system than Floyd's, show 'em.

Better than this: http://www.apaflo.com/images/sun04.jpg

Or this: http://www.apaflo.com/gallery3/d8a_7249.s.jpg

Or even this: http://www.apaflo.com/gallery2/d3s_4693.s.jpg

I'm not entirely sure why you're giving Floyd so much credit here, Tony. I'm not the kind of person that would try to find faults with other peoples photography, but staying in topic, I can say that there is nothing inherent in Floyds photographs that show any sign of a superior workflow. I would even claim that most of his photos would be greatly helped by using some state of the art software for post processing photographs that unfortunately aren't available to his choice of platform.

In fact, some of his photos seems to have been post processed with some really lesser tools (presumably gimp?), like this one:

http://www.apaflo.com/gallery2/d3f_5080.s.jpg

I'm quite sure the original file was quite ok, but it seems he has tried to blur out some wrinkles around the eye and nose while leaving some in place. The photo in itself seems pretty ok, nice bokeh and all - but the post processing is well, awful.

-- Sandman[.net]