Re: converting raw images f...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromEric Stevens
Date12/08/2013 05:11 (12/08/2013 17:11)
Message-ID<17s7a9tn2va8gfup88hffnij3871h0q3g8@4ax.com>
FollowsSavageduck
FollowupsSavageduck (24m)

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 19:25:13 -0800, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
On 2013-12-08 03:06:13 +0000, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>said:

Eric Stevens
On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 15:34:33 -0800, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
On 2013-12-07 23:18:37 +0000, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>said:

nospam
In article <g787a95ujdeod1rs9vjsm5i3l6ogil0vg2@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Eric Stevens
The driver has to be able to talk to the pit crew in terms they understand.

nospam
nobody said otherwise.

what he doesn't need to know is know which screws to turn and by how much to make it do what he wants.

Savageduck
It's all there on the steering wheel, and the engineers (not mechanics this time) in the pits monitoring the car telemetrics, tell him which parameter to adjust, and how much. < http://www.notasmartman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/F1-Wheel-Description.jpg

Eric Stevens
I agree that the driver can make adjustments on the track but there is much more to it than that. See http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/understanding_the_sport/5285.html

Savageduck
I have been actively following F1 and all its history, technical advances, and rule changes through the ages. I have a pretty good grasp of what can and cannot be done, by driver and in the pits. ...and I agree there is much more to it, but this is a photo group after all, So just to keep things OT here is one of the technical oddities of the 70's, A snapshot of Tyrrell P34 (which is a work of art). < https://db.tt/3xCvHQeO >

A most extraordinary device which, unfortunately, did not work.

There are two subjects in your final sentence. Which one is a work of art? Perhaps we should ask nospam to parse it for us. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens