Re: converting raw images f...

J. Clarke
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromJ. Clarke
Date12/01/2013 04:33 (11/30/2013 22:33)
Message-ID<MPG.2d04781689b27e9198a203@news.newsguy.com>
FollowsSavageduck
FollowupsEric Stevens (5h & 22m)

In article <2013113018523314486-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com says...

Savageduck
On 2013-12-01 02:25:27 +0000, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>said:

Eric Stevens
I first learned Fortran (II it was) in 1961. I really only gave up on serious programming about 7 years ago.

Savageduck
Aah! FORTRAN, I started out in punchcard heaven back in 1971, as just one of the myriad things I was doing back then. I was also fooling around with physics, math, anatomy & physiology, micro biology, chemistry (physical & organic), and a few other obscure trains of thought like archeological anthropology because it was suggested to me.

...but somehow I have managed to stumble through life without actually being compelled to write any sort of code. Not in micro-biology or path labs, or during 25 years in Law enforcement.

For me it was WATFOR, then I discovered APL and wondered why anybody would want to use FORTRAN. But I did get paid to write code for 10 years, five of it incidental to engineering (I was the only engineer in the place who did programming) and five of it for a software developer. But I have to say that the notion that all architects, engineers, etc have to write a lot of code to do their jobs is just plain bullshit.

Eric Stevens (5h & 22m)