Re: converting raw images f...

nospam
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Fromnospam
Date12/06/2013 18:42 (12/06/2013 12:42)
Message-ID<061220131242430836%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (2h & 44m) > nospam

In article <5j04a9ppbd9remp6iooao6j3op9cv7u1fg@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Savageduck
Don't get me wrong, I am as much an advocate of the darkroom wet and/or digital as much as any of us geeky types, but we are not the mainstream. Most photographers today are shooting with phones and their photographs will never be printed, never entered in a competition, but will be briefly displayed on a phone in a transmitted message.

Tony Cooper
My son, sadly, is in this group. He has a Nikon DSLR, but since he went to an iPhone he has not used his Nikon. All his images are still on his phone. He is a techno-klutz, and isn't interested in knowing how to do anything with his photos other than leaving them on the phone.

that's very common. slrs are a pain to carry. smartphones aren't, and are often good enough.

for a special event, he will probably want the slr.

While the iPhone takes good photographs, and they can be transferred to a more permanent medium, many people just don't do it. Where are the albums going to be for future generations?

no different than any other camera, film or digital.

Tony Cooper (2h & 44m) > nospam