Re: converting raw images f...

PeterN
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromPeterN
Date12/01/2013 06:09 (12/01/2013 00:09)
Message-ID<l7eg8m01ang@news6.newsguy.com>
FollowsSavageduck

On 11/30/2013 11:33 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2013-12-01 04:12:12 +0000, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>said:

PeterN
On 11/30/2013 4:54 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 12:45:44 -0500, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
On 11/30/2013 10:20 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:

<snip>

Tony Cooper
Because I like to photograph people, I rank the ability to *anticipate* right up there with *seeing*. Just seeing people that are photographable isn't enough. I have to get better at anticipating where they will move, what they will do, and what dynamic may be in the offing.

PeterN
Anticipation is #1 when it comes to wildlife and sports.

Tony Cooper
Earlier today I was out in a park on a lake. There was heron on the bank and a small boy was walking toward the heron. I had my camera trained on the heron, but the boy stopped.

The father came up to me and asked if I'd taken a photo of the boy since my lens was pointing in that direction. I explained that I thought the boy would cause the heron to fly away, and I was waiting for the bird to fly. A shot of a sitting heron is no big deal, but a shot of a heron taking off could be.

PeterN
Here's one landing. I was watching him for a while, as I knew he was finding sticks for nest building.

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/heron%20with%20stick%20landing.jpg>

Savageduck
Now

PeterN
here's a heron taking off. No little boy needed: <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/Great%20Blue%20%23%2022.jpg>

A pelican landing

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/another%20pelican%20landing.jpg>

Savageduck
If Rita Berkowitz was still around we might have had a shot of a Labrador crapping.

I know, but that's how some birds land. I was thinking of putting a toilet behind him.

-- PeterN