Re: converting raw images f...

sid
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Fromsid
Date11/30/2013 12:07 (11/30/2013 11:07)
Message-ID<2346735.p69CAMiucA@thecrap.blueyonder.co.uk>
Followsnospam
FollowupsFloyd L. Davidson (2h & 13m)
nospam (8h & 42m)

nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <qnpi999e38938e7ar20cgrgvmn9n516f28@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Savageduck
[...] most importantly I have a feeling your hardline choice of OS is your real problem, and it is distracting you from paying attention to improving your photography.

Floyd L. Davidson
That in fact seems to be *your* most serious impediment to improving your photography.

The OP seems to be well aware that a more functional OS is eventually going to allow him to produce better results...]

Tony Cooper
I am curious how you come up with this. To me, it's like saying a better developing pan will lead to better photographs when working with film.

nospam
the advantage of a more functional operating system is the availability of more functional apps which can produce better results.

His OS of choice does not at all improve or hinder his ability to take good photographs. In your opinion his OS may limit his ability to post process his photos but in others opinion it does not. There is little point in having the whole photoshop vs gimp discussion here again is there?

better apps can also greatly increase productivity, which means fewer hassles in producing the results, leaving more time to concentrate on photography itself rather than the processing.

There are any number of good programs available for his OS allowing him all those advantages too, why do think that's not the case?

-- sid

Floyd L. Davidson (2h & 13m)
nospam (8h & 42m)