Re: converting raw images f...

sid
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Fromsid
Date12/01/2013 14:24 (12/01/2013 13:24)
Message-ID<4621813.8efJSClhjD@thecrap.blueyonder.co.uk>
FollowsSavageduck
FollowupsAlan Browne (4h & 26m)
nospam (6h & 41m) > sid

Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2013-11-30 17:28:31 +0000, sid <sidney@sidshouse.net>said:

...and having to think about how to maneuver around the arcane mechanics of an OS to process digital images rather than the mechanics of the style and subjects of our photography is an impediment & distraction.

sid
What "archane mechanics" do you suppose one has to maneuver inorder to process images.

Savageduck
I refer you to Floyd's response providing what can best be describes as "arcane":

<snip Floyds example>

Tell me that isn't arcane.

Some people like to use their computer in that manner and if he enjoys doing so good luck to him. He'd be just the same if he used osx. That doesn't mean that Floyds is the only way any more that than yours is the only way.

sid
Clicking an icon is way easier with osx I take it?

Savageduck
Is that supposed to be some sort of OSX put down?

No, of course not. I was pointing out that clicking an icon is the same no matter what os.

You aren't familiar with OSX, Lightroom, or Photoshop are you? I sure as Hell don't have to jump through the hoops Floyd has set out above.

I have used osx and I have used photoshop, not lightroom though. I found them to be as alien to me as using my os and software would be alien to you.

I have a workflow in Lightroom & Photoshop which might come as a surprise to you,

Why would that be a suprise to me? Have I stated anywhere that I don't think your choice of software is good or right for you?

is smooth and efficient, without a thought as to the under pinnings of the OS, I am sure the same is true for those using LR & PS in the Windows environment.

As it is for those using a linux os

-- sid

Alan Browne (4h & 26m)
nospam (6h & 41m) > sid