Re: converting raw images f...

nospam
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Fromnospam
Date12/06/2013 18:42 (12/06/2013 12:42)
Message-ID<061220131242420762%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsSavageduck

In article <2013120608491210176-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
Don't get me wrong, I am as much an advocate of the darkroom wet and/or digital as much as any of us geeky types, but we are not the mainstream. Most photographers today are shooting with phones and their photographs will never be printed, never entered in a competition, but will be briefly displayed on a phone in a transmitted message.

exactly.

the majority of photos are nothing special, uploaded to facebook or instagram. in fact, the idea for instagram is to make it look shitty.

Personally I will continue to involve myself with the intricacies of my digital darkroom, because it is in my nature to do so, but we are not typical in that. In this NG we might be, but compare with the masses of snapshot shooters we are the oddballs.

yep.