Re: converting raw images f...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromTony Cooper
Date12/06/2013 23:15 (12/06/2013 17:15)
Message-ID<e8i4a9l7764ve4mr1v41nc9l6liee7na1k@4ax.com>
FollowsSavageduck

On Fri, 6 Dec 2013 13:44:21 -0800, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
On 2013-12-06 20:27:29 +0000, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>said:

Tony Cooper
On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 12:42:43 -0500, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <5j04a9ppbd9remp6iooao6j3op9cv7u1fg@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Savageduck
Don't get me wrong, I am as much an advocate of the darkroom wet and/or digital as much as any of us geeky types, but we are not the mainstream. Most photographers today are shooting with phones and their photographs will never be printed, never entered in a competition, but will be briefly displayed on a phone in a transmitted message.

Tony Cooper
My son, sadly, is in this group. He has a Nikon DSLR, but since he went to an iPhone he has not used his Nikon. All his images are still on his phone. He is a techno-klutz, and isn't interested in knowing how to do anything with his photos other than leaving them on the phone.

nospam
that's very common. slrs are a pain to carry. smartphones aren't, and are often good enough.

for a special event, he will probably want the slr.

Tony Cooper
What's more special than his wife being sworn in as a citizen?

Savageduck
Nothing! It was one of my wife's proudest moments. However for me that was before I had a digital camera, so I used a Pentax fixed lens compact 35mm to record the moment. The worst part was having to go down to L.A. for the event.

It was an interesting event. There were people there from 39 different nations being sworn in as citizens. The family - son, d-i-l, and two children - were in a rush to get on the road for a trip to a football game at University of Alabama (son's school) so I had to take one rushed photograph.

D-I-L was rather blasé about it. She's been here for 15 years and just now got around to applying. She was here on a student visa for graduate work when she met my son, and never returned to live in Russia.

Now that she's a citizen, I can no longer threaten to have her deported if she doesn't behave.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL