Re: converting raw images f...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
FromEric Stevens
Date12/01/2013 00:52 (12/01/2013 12:52)
Message-ID<gauk99dohsdub51ffi9qclu7vvanj9vqv5@4ax.com>
FollowsSavageduck
Followupsnospam (16m) > Eric Stevens
Savageduck (51m) > Eric Stevens

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 14:11:03 -0800, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
On 2013-11-30 21:41:13 +0000, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>said:

Eric Stevens
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 01:00:33 -0900, floyd@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson
I really only have one small nit with OSX, which is the effort they went to to hide access to things like a shell command line.

Eric Stevens
Agreed

... and now I use Windows!

Savageduck
What's to hide, open the Terminal in a Mac and Unix lovers can go for it, and play with the command line to their heart's content. It is there, a click away for anybody who wants to go that route, and many do. < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_(OS_X) >

It just adds to what we know Floyd, and I guess you are really not familiar with Macs and OSX. There are all sorts of things you can do with a Mac that have nothing to do with preconceived misconceptions of OSX. < http://www.cultofmac.com/215174/mastering-terminal-to-hack-your-mac-feature/

Tch, tch, tch.

Careful. You are beginning to sound like nospam. :-)

A friend of mine sold Apple computers in the distant past and I kept rejecting his attemptsto sell them to me for the simple reason that they didn't have a command line. I would be very happy with the one they have got now, if only they had it then. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens