Re: converting raw images f...

nospam
SubjectRe: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
Fromnospam
Date12/04/2013 02:32 (12/03/2013 20:32)
Message-ID<031220132032201236%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsSavageduck

In article <2013120317052590029-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
There was a time when I did *no* post processing and came up with some images that were very satisfactory. They were done with was called "film". Now, if we can't use Content Aware Move to take out an oil drum, its like we can't get satisfactory results. Moving the damn drum before clicking used to work.

Savageduck
Since you are apparently attempting to take a neutral stance regarding this particular debate, perhaps the time has come for you stop any further commentary in this specific sub-thread.

You are missing the point and are not prepared to make any sort of comparison yourself. Strangely enough neither are the protagonists on the other side of this discussion.

not the first time any of them have done that and likely won't be the last.

I can't speak for nospam , but I know that Alan Browne, Jonas, J. Clarke, and yours truly have test driven GIMP and found it coming up short.

i've tried it many times and it always comes up short.

i try a lot of apps. technology changes fast and there's always something new and different. unfortunately, it's not that often it lives up to its hype. it's always good to explore options.

i don't comment on apps i have not tried.