Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

PeterN
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromPeterN
Date07/19/2014 21:58 (07/19/2014 15:58)
Message-ID<lqeik40luv@news4.newsguy.com>
Followupsnospam (1h & 7m) > PeterN
Sandman (10h & 57m) > PeterN

On 7/18/2014 1:07 AM, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <lq8r3k03ej@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN wrote:

<snip>

PeterN
You are proficient enough with research to understand the academic meaning of "peer reviewed."

Sandman
True, I was making a joke. I made it to point out that the meaning and definition of expressions aren't peer reviewed. I mean, it's not like you pointed me to a "peer reviewed" definition of "taken out of context" that disagrees with wikipedia.

As a former editor and professor, I would qualify as an expert in contemporary English usage in most courts. The concept is really simple: If important context is missing from a quote, which context gives meaning to the original statement, the quote can be considered as taken out of c9ntext. [end of English lesson.]

-- PeterN

nospam (1h & 7m) > PeterN
Sandman (10h & 57m) > PeterN