Sandman
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
Message-ID<slrnlsfohl.jf.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsPeterN
FollowupsPeterN (55m) > Sandman
Whisky-dave (1h & 8m) > Sandman

In article <lq8m88015s@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN wrote:

Sandman
Because if you didn't decline, and you had backup, then your replacement iPhone would just ask for your iCloud credentials and then just restore your new phone with all the data from your old phone.

PeterN
Decline what??

The discussion was about the data on my hone, not on my backup, or restoration to a new phone.

nospam
no, the discussion is data loss.

since you admit to having a backup, there can't be data loss.

PeterN
The phone data is no longer available on the phone.

But your data is not lost, right? Also, the data on the phone *is* available, only not easily so.

The phone is kaput. The data on the phone is lost

No, the threshold to access has been greatly elevated. It can be done, but since you have a backup and your data hasn't been lost, it is not worth it for you to access the data.

If your phone, and your phone only, contained the launch codes to US missile bases, and an "internal switch" made the phone "kaput", then the data would not be considered lost, and would be retrieved by a number of different data retrieval processes.

As it is, your data wasn't valuable enough for you to retrieve the data, since you had a backup and your data wasn't actually lost.

-- Sandman[.net]

PeterN (55m) > Sandman
Whisky-dave (1h & 8m) > Sandman