Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

PeterN
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromPeterN
Date07/17/2014 17:31 (07/17/2014 11:31)
Message-ID<lq8q6d032c@news6.newsguy.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (14m) > PeterN

On 7/17/2014 10:21 AM, nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <j3vds91v3k60ovihn53c0jaah562p7kbla@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

there is no need to specify the default case since it's the default case.

Eric Stevens
Who says? Where did they say it.

nospam
what do you think default *means*?

Eric Stevens
The important question is what do you think that default means?

nospam
what normally happens, without the user going out of their way.

Eric Stevens
Also why are we restricting the discussion to the default case when there are alternative choices which should be taken into consideration? Who made the decision to do so and when did they tell us?

nospam
the user can do whatever they want, but if they go out of their way to put one copy of data anywhere (cloud or not), then data loss is a real risk and if it happens, it's of their own doing, based on the decisions they have made.

it's *not* a fault of the cloud.

Still unanswered question. Why did you say I was wrong when I said that any IT manager who relies solely on the cloud should be fired?

this is the second or third time this question has been asked. Your lack of an answer is telling.

-- PeterN

nospam (14m) > PeterN