Re: iPad power supply unit ...

Sandman
SubjectRe: iPad power supply unit (was: Re: Adobe's Low hanging)
Message-ID<slrnlts4om.2bq.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsTony Cooper

In article <elcqt99c60hoooil2ac38dpug1bkjfeoio@4ax.com>, Andreas Skitsnack wrote:

Tony Cooper
Popinjay's failing is that he will find a word with a definition that he thinks fits the meaning he's trying to convey, but sometimes he has little sense of knowing what that word is truly appropriate for what he's trying to convey.

I love it when illiterate Andreas says things like these.

I'm sure he's able to do that in Swedish, but he repeatedly stumbles when trying to do it in English.

I.e. I've proven your illiteracy a bit too often for your liking.

That's understandable for a non-native speaker of English, but Popinjay compounds the blunder by defending the usage and insulting those who attempt to correct him.

I'll let you know when that happens.

Perhaps he does learn when corrected, but his arrogance will not allow him to admit it. He will pull out his schoolboy taunts to avoid admission.

The irony in this post is on a galactic scale.

What is laughable is that he will claim that semantics are the last resort of the troll when, in fact, a misplaced defense of an error is the real last resort.

Haha! You trolls are hilarious. Trolling with semantics, like you want to do, is when you focus on the meaning of a word or a phrase instead of the topic under discussion. The most recent example, of course, is you making a huge deal of me using the word "apply" instead of having the brain function to figure out what was being meant and stay on topic.

That's trolling with semantics, and you guys do it all the time. Like the time you trolled about "SLR" vs "DSLR", or then you trolled for *DAYS* about the word "protocol".

And when you claim I have made a mistake and I have not, and I support my position and your response is "*lalala* that's not how it's used, I just feel it in my bones", then *I* am not the one trolling, Andreas, you are.

So basically, you just described two scenarios where you troll - good work!

-- Sandman[.net]