Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Sandman
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
Message-ID<slrnlsq1k6.jhf.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (8h & 39m) > Sandman

In article <24pps9t6a0btoebm0ooc4qd1tth74uk35r@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

PeterN
Not at all true, ant you know it.

This all started when you sat iPhones have no moving parts. I pointed out that they do

Sandman
That *was* the quibble. nospam said, in a discussion about data loss, that smart phones have no moving parts. It is very clear that this is in reference to storage method, where mechanical hard drives in computer have moving parts and flash memories in cell phones do not.

The quibble is for anyone to take this out of context and interprete it as a claim about smart phones having no moving parts whatsoever, regardless if its related to data storage.

Eric Stevens
I thought it all started when you posted on 16 Jul 2014 10:14:52 GMT in Message-ID: <slrnlsckg6.pkj.mr@irc.sandman.net>:

"What "switch" was this? You say it's an internal component, and the topic was "moving parts" so you seem to imply that inside your iPhone there was a mechanical physically moving "switch" that was broken. Having seen the insides of many iPhones (I have a friend that repair them), I can assure you that no such switch exists."

Of course not, given the fact that I was not the first one to talk about an internal switch. That was Peter.

Having learned to distrust statements such as this I rushed of to McGoogle and almost immediately found a link which prompted me to reply:

That's funny. Here are the instructions telling you how to replace one https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+4+Vibrate+Ring+Switch+Replacement/4334 or http://tinyurl.com/oofzazt

And you found a link to a guide that replaces an external switch, not an internal one - and certainly not one related to the topic being discussed.

The context in this case was your statement " Having seen the insides of many iPhones (I have a friend that repair them), I can assure you that no such switch exists." My link above shows that your remark was incorrect.

No it doesn't. Your link shows one of the external switches. In fact, it shows the only switch in the entire phone, which is external.

It's not a quibble: it falsifies what you had written.

That may have been the attempt, which failed.

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (8h & 39m) > Sandman