Re: iPad power supply unit ...

Whisky-dave
SubjectRe: iPad power supply unit (was: Re: Adobe's Low hanging)
FromWhisky-dave
Date07/30/2014 12:46 (07/30/2014 03:46)
Message-ID<9bd05d4e-4da4-4310-b45f-ecd6e47a8806@googlegroups.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (4h & 25m)

On Wednesday, 30 July 2014 02:02:20 UTC+1, nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <a734c67f-1097-40aa-ab40-f7bf771c5ed2@googlegroups.com>, Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>wrote:

Eric Stevens
The original discussion was over from where the iPhone obtained it's power. As can be seen above Whisky-dave said "A battery can be said to be suplying power to the device."

nospam
no.

Whisky-dave
yes it can, battereis commomnly supply power to a device.

nospam
batteries are not called power supplies.

No but they supply power. And the unit in most cammeras that supplies the power to that camera are a set of cells which we call batteries. You want to go back to calling batteries voltaic piles you may.

Whisky-dave
There's probbaly lots of other reasons to put a battery in a device you could argue that it it. To add wieght, to add cost, because it's fun,

if it's not to supply power them what are the batteries for ? They are the unit (devices) that supply power to teh device.

You know some people say the sun rises and the sun sets they even take photos to prove it, but I would hope that most of us know that isn;t the case what happens is that the Earth revoles around it's axis making it look as though the sun rises and sets.

Some mainly americans it seems think that what flows out of their petrol and diesel pumps is gas (even LPG), well I've seen it and it's actually a liquid so what people call things isn't necessarily what they are.

nospam
that's not the issue.

nospam (4h & 25m)