Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

PeterN
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromPeterN
Date07/19/2014 22:07 (07/19/2014 16:07)
Message-ID<lqej5t0md8@news4.newsguy.com>
Followupsnospam (58m) > PeterN
Sandman (10h & 54m)

On 7/18/2014 1:02 AM, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <lq8qgj0361@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN wrote:

No, the threshold to access has been greatly elevated. It can be done, but since you have a backup and your data hasn't been lost, it is not worth it for you to access the data.

If your phone, and your phone only, contained the launch codes to US missile bases, and an "internal switch" made the phone "kaput", then the data would not be considered lost, and would be retrieved by a number of different data retrieval processes.

As it is, your data wasn't valuable enough for you to retrieve the data, since you had a backup and your data wasn't actually lost.

PeterN
All agreed.

My comment was made in response to a statement that the iPhone has no moving parts. It obviously does.

Sandman
It sure does. But it has no moving parts that affect its ability to lose data, which was the subject.

If the on/off switch stopped working I could not easily access the data. Forgetting backup, if data cannot reasonably be accessed, it is lost. The only data on my phone is basically my contact list. While my contact list can be reconstructed, it is not easily accessible on my phone.

Your supposed "internal switch" is not a moving part.

Can't say.

-- PeterN

nospam (58m) > PeterN
Sandman (10h & 54m)