Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Whisky-dave
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromWhisky-dave
Date07/23/2014 10:45 (07/23/2014 01:45)
Message-ID<76e80d68-db73-40b7-93e0-036954faea30@googlegroups.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (4h & 58m) > Whisky-dave

On Tuesday, 22 July 2014 17:14:55 UTC+1, nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <4562e130-8e5d-4255-93a4-a932255eba7b@googlegroups.com>, Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>wrote:

this discussion has *always* been about data loss.

Whisky-dave
So how about working out exactly what data loss is. When you delete data you can lose your file but DATA is never lost in this way only changed. The DATA IS NOT lost in the real world.

nospam
data is definitely lost in the real world.

How ? Explain the process.

Whisky-dave
Which was my point regarding keys droped in teh ocean. They are not lost either as with the Titanic we know where it is.

nospam
then go get them.

Too expensive.

Whisky-dave
We always know where DATA is on a HDD or SSD, whether or not that data is valid is another point.

nospam
if the data is not valid, it's lost.

Yes so data can be lost well done at last previousl;y you've said it can't be. But it does depend on what you mean by the word LOST. Inthe same way you're ahving problems understanding what an internal or external switch is.

Whisky-dave
So your images can be deleted or removed from a HDD or SSD and most other physical devices what happens is that the data is changed NOT removed or added do. Some here seem to get very confused by this understandably I think as especailly older photographers (or those that have never thought about it) might think of data as silver halide crystals that get destroyed or chemicaly changed which is why their images aren't what they were. But this isn;t what happens in the digital world.

nospam
the only person who is confused is you.

Your the only one that sees it that way I guess.

peter was trying to confuse the issue by bringing up irrelevant details just to argue, because that's all he knows how to do.

Whisky-dave
While others seem to have changed their stance from phones don't have moving parts to SSD don't have moving parts, but there;s more to recodering data correctly than just moving parts.

nospam
no

????????

nospam (4h & 58m) > Whisky-dave