Re: iPad power supply unit ...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: iPad power supply unit (was: Re: Adobe's Low hanging)
FromEric Stevens
Date07/31/2014 23:07 (08/01/2014 09:07)
Message-ID<l0clt916e1bdo6dg0b2osue59kkqd8en43@4ax.com>
FollowsWhisky-dave
FollowupsWhisky-dave (12h & 13m)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 04:07:50 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>wrote:

Whisky-dave
NOTE : I don;t care who said what .

Eric Stevens
Like arguing that a power supply unit is not a power supply. In one context you are quite right but not in another. I'm not going to argue with you over this.

Whisky-dave
In fact a lemon can be a power supply. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/ed084p635

But few people buying lemons ask their shop for power supplies when buying lemons. The reason I bring this up is because i Have to find a way to show our 1st years what a power supply is and hence whan can supply power to their circuits the vast majority of teh circuits they build we be powered by battereis which use the same type of chemical reaction.

Power supply units can be used to supply power to devices thay can also be used to charge certain batteries. Battery chargers car primiarily used to charge battereis but can also be used as power suplies. Power supplies can be regulated on unregulated, they can be constant voltage which are the most common or constant current. Power adapters these are usually devices that supply power and have some sort of adapter, this adapter does NOT adapt the power the 'adapter' bit is usualy a phyical device that converts to a drfferent pin out, such as a UK to US adapter can be brought. Some use the term adapter to mean going from AC to DC. Other use the term for going from say 1/4" jack to 3.5mm jack.

Eric Stevens
Who do you think holds the record for being first to consult dictionaries to support their argument? Hmmm?

Whisky-dave
I've no idea, but I suggest foreigners (that includes americans) need to know what a dictionary is for and how to use it.

Use it like a club? --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Whisky-dave (12h & 13m)