Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromEric Stevens
Date07/14/2014 00:25 (07/14/2014 10:25)
Message-ID<6g16s9t95rmlp2jv8p7c7csp9bh0q5smoi@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (1h & 2m) > Eric Stevens

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 11:40:24 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <k524s9p58cfonusoda2i7mejvemk8k8sa7@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Eric Stevens
Of course clouds can and have lost data.

nospam
so can local hard drives.

if you're going to bash the cloud because of a potential data loss, you have to *also* bash hard drives for the same issue.

Eric Stevens
I'm not bashing the cloud. I'm bashing you for saying "a cloud outage might be annoying, but the data won't be lost".

nospam
nothing is lost because at a minimum, the data is on your computer.

There are plenty of people who backup their smartphone to the cloud. Smartphones eventually tend to suffer all kinds of dreadul fates. When the smartphone is gone, so is the data in the smartphone.

But that's not the point. The cloud can and does lose data. That's not what you said in the beginning:

"a cloud outage might be annoying, but the data won't be lost".

Whether or not that data is backed up elsewhere is another question. The point is the cloud can and does lose data.

the cloud is never the sole copy unless you really go out of your way to do that.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

nospam (1h & 2m) > Eric Stevens